Community Consultancy Services
- Project Management
- Community Development Plans/Village Plans/ Renewal Plans/ Health checks/ Feasibility Studies/ Socio Economic Plans
- Community Consultation and Facilitation
- Community Training
- Policies and Procedures
- Work with communities to identify projects or services, execute the stages of planning, implement, monitor and review the project and address any challenges or barriers.
Community Development Plans/Village Plans/ Renewal Plans/ Health checks/ Feasibility Studies/ Socio Economic Plans
- Work with communities to identify strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities.
- Support communities to establish a partnership approach to forming a Town/village team to include all stakeholders. To offer support to create a vision and the actions required to carry out this vision.
- To support the economic development of villages and communities through Town and Village Renewal Scheme to ensure that towns and villages remain vibrant and responsive to local needs and address ongoing challenges through a co-ordinated approach of all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support to carry out a comprehensive Health Check. This will identify challenges and opportunities. It will provide recommendations for a Town/ Village Centre Renewal Plan and the setting up of a Town/Village team with identified priorities and objectives and the plans needed to implement the goals.
- Encourage a collaborative approach between groups and communities to develop community/village teams to be enthusiastic and drive village plans.
- This can be done by identifying local leaders or champions who will co-ordinate and liaise with all stakeholders to achieve successful development plans
Community Consultation and Facilitation
- Work with groups and organisations from a bottom up approach to community development. Organise community consultations and facilitate local people to identify their own needs. These people will become community leaders or champions. These leaders will work as a team to deliver projects or services within the community.
- Facilitate and encourage communities to become independent and have a strong community voice within their rural community. Encourage communities to become strong, vibrant and sustainable and divert away from over reliance on government funding. Funding is essential at set up stages but sustainability will protect communities into the future.
- Deliver Community Leadership Training to identify leaders who will ensure strong leadership to lead, direct and deliver action plans and sustain smart communities.
- Deliver committee skills training to groups and voluntary boards of Not for Profit organisations.
- Deliver training around sources of external supports and funding. Identify funding and submitting Expressions of Interest and Application forms.
- Provide support and advice on governance and compliance to community groups, voluntary boards and company directors
Policies and Procedures
- Provide advice and support when drafting Constitutions, Memorandums Articles of Association, Charitable Status and policies and procedures for groups and voluntary Not for Profit voluntary boards.
- Highly accomplished consultant and facilitator with over twenty years of Community Development Experience
- Bachelors Degree (Honours) in Rural Development
- Certificate in Community Leadership
- Community Consultant specialising in community development from a bottom up approach
- Experience in identify and setting up community groups to address gaps in service provision
- Experience in sourcing and submitting funding applications
- Elected as Wexford County Councillor in May 2014.
- 17 years’ experience managing, advocating, developing and delivering services and supports for people with disabilities
Groups That I have Worked With
- Community Groups to set up
- Mother and Toddler Groups
- Tidy Town Groups
- Senior Citizen Groups
- Mens Shed
- Women’s Groups
- Youth Groups
- Disability Groups
- Music groups, music therapy and development
- Kilmuckridge Community Hall Enterprise Centre Ltd.